Saturday, November 17, 2012

Nothing rhymes with"Orange" unless it's "Tupperware"


Orange is the colour - it is the tail end of autumn- we need a boost of cheer and Orange is there.
It is said to be a healing colour so i have given Dexter all of his orange toys in a pile by his nose.


When we walk around the block orange pops out every where



-when young, it was my least favorite colour, everything cheap was  orange- Stuff made in Japan- orange, plastic toys,  the absolute WORST was polyester clothing  in the early 60's - orange...orange found it's way into paisleys in the sunshine superman daze. Never liked orange.
Now I can not quite seem to get enough- every time I go to one of the charity shops and find vintage Tupperware I am drawn to it like moth to flame! I want to mainline orange- yummy Tupperware ORANGE!


Tupperware of all things! Always avoided it, thought it was gross, Thought the whole idea of celebrating  plastic at a housewife party was gross- also, my friend told me that her cat had a batch of kittens and that two of the kittens were malformed and would not live- to prevent them suffering she put them in Tupperware, burped the lid and little kittens suffocated in a nice way...dang! 
And now look at what I suddenly crave! I can not stop myself- Tupperware is my new drug! The colours are just right! 

Dexter has been out and about- had treats- sleeping on top of his orange pile of toys- I think I will nip out and look for more Orange  TUPPERWARE!...Some body STOP ME!!!!

Put some orange in your life when you want:
  • to spice things up when you feel time is dragging
  • to become more involved in something
  • to increase creativity
  • relief from things becoming too serious

8 comments:

lisa hermanson said...

Lovely oranges! great for a grey day!

ellen abbott said...

My mother's favorite colors were orange and lime green, together if possible. Orange was/is the favorite color of my youngest grandgirl. Don't care for it too much myself.

Steve Reed said...

I don't have much orange stuff and I certainly don't wear orange -- but Dave likes it a lot and it looks good on him. Go figure.

liisamarja said...

i'm sure by now you already have orange nail polish? i love mine!

laura.forestdreams:) said...

orange has never been one of my favorite colors...i prefer it more as a burnt orange. BUT being here in the land of the florida GATORS...(the college team), there is ORANGE EVERYWHERE you look!! orange and blue as far as the eye can see! orange overload! it's no surprise i'm tired of it! ha.

however...i do LOVE nature's orange!!

laura.forestdreams:) said...

oops, almost forgot...love your spiral-y sky! reminds me of Van Gogh!

Leenie said...

Orange is okay in its place. Pumpkins, autumn leaves, citrus fruit, Tupperware, Cheetoes, prisoner jumpsuits. Nope not gonna wear orange.

Laurie said...

I love how unexpectedly orange goes with deep blues and purples!

I'm your BIGGEST fan!

I'm your BIGGEST fan!

petal bowl

petal bowl

Splash Bowl

Splash Bowl

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin