Friday, March 23, 2012

Morphine shit, for my brother

AT PEACE



Very close to my twilight, I bless you, Life,
Because you never gave me a false hope,
Or unfair jobs, or undeserved grief;
Because at the end of my tough road I see,
That I was the architect of my own destiny,
What if I did take the honey or vinegar of things,
It was because in them I put vinegar or delicious honey,
When I panted roses I always reaped roses.


True, to my youth, winter will follow:
Still, you never told me May would last forever.
Without a doubt my grief gave me some long nights,
Still, you never promised me only good nights
And in return I had some of serene sanctity.
I loved, was loved, the sun kissed my face.

Life, you owe me nothing! Life, we are at peace.



Amado Nervo


Hospice, machine shutting down, walking yesterday, unconscious now, weird- the whole death and dying process. Not an especially happy day...

10 comments:

Leenie said...

Shit

kendalee said...

Oh. No. LOVE, LOVE LOVE. My heart to yours.

Elizabeth said...

Sending much love,
this is so sad

ox

ellen abbott said...

So sad. Not death but birth in reverse. Watching my BIL die ayearandahalf a half ago. There and then...not there. The last breath.

Steve Reed said...

"I loved, was loved, the sun kissed my face."

That says it all, doesn't it?

So sorry. :(

Sarah said...

I'm sorry Linda Sue, for you and your brother. xx

Dolores said...

Crap. Hug Dexter. Perhaps he can help you get through this.
So deeply sorry.

liisamarja said...

...but no more suffering...

big hug

Laurie said...

It is all too much. Why, why? Sending lots of hugs and comfort.

Lise said...

Sos so sorry. Big hugs and kisses.

I'm your BIGGEST fan!

I'm your BIGGEST fan!

petal bowl

petal bowl

Splash Bowl

Splash Bowl

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin