Friday, February 5, 2010

NORWAY my heart...

I'm a Norwegian baby- a bit Swedish and a bit English and Welsh- a proper square head, stubborn and hearty- blue eyed blond that the sun loves to fry- as I age I become even more pale- transparent, nearly invisible- I will not die dramatically- I will just vanish.
My header and others I have used lately- are from a trip to Norway three years ago with my son. I took so many pictures, everywhere I turned was a photo op, all of it gem quality. According to the united nations specifications Norway is number one country for superior lifestyle, superior everything! I want to go back to stay forever, not likely going to happen but I do dream...
"Lift to me thy steadfast eyes
calm as if heaven looked through.
Do all the maidens in Norway
have eyes so clear and blue?"
--------------Celia Thaxter
Norway ranked first, Australia second- CANADA fourth! The USA way down there at 13Th. Nine of the bottom ten are countries in Africa- sad surprise.

13 comments:

ellen abbott said...

Too dang cole in Norway for me. too much snow and ice.

Anonymous said...

CUTE baby picture. SO cute. I had that square head too. Still do, just got smart and grew bangs for it. I think we should take off to Norway for the summer, you and me and Erik. It would be a DREAM.
Love,
Jordan

juliet... said...

Geez woman. I didn't realize you were competing for my square head crown ~

http://mabelswish.blogspot.com/2009/06/geometry.html

You are as equally square as I ~ I always thought I was alone in my geometry. Square headed sistas UNITE!

Leenie said...

What a beatiful baby! Fair haired and blue eyed Norse child. No wonder Scandanavia has such a pull for you. Your photos of that land are stunning. Hope you get to return and bring back more beauty.

steven said...

linda sue - i too have been drawn to the scandinavian countries - finland especially. they have a feeling about them that i can't put into words but it's like an essence of home. it's strange that eh? canada fourth - hmmmmmm. it's good here. steven

Aris said...

I will not die dramatically I will just vanish WOW! Your words always make me laugh smile think or sigh- you have a way!!!! I love that you quoted to Celia Thaxter she is one of my favorite ladies I read Island Garden each winter to escape the grey and dream.(:
HAve a great weekend.

Dave King said...

I know what you mean about Norway. We had a cruise there a couple of years back. It took ages just to sort the photographs. Lovely post, lovely blog.

Laurie said...

You are a Norweigan beauty. Your post made me sigh.

Reya Mellicker said...

What a GREAT picture - well, both of them. I love the blue eye, too.

Would love to visit Norway someday. What an incredible landscape!

John Kurman said...

Ha! Grandpa's family was from Voss. Grandma's from Bergen.

I did a DNA test to see what the deal was with my father's side of the family, which we didn't know too much about. The genetic classification came back as Haplogroup I-11, which is characterized as Ultra-Norse.

Hey, it's nice to be ultra anything.

kendalee said...

Woohoo for Norway!!! I guess Africa's not as used to dealing with snow and ice...

I love the idea of just vanishing one day instead of dying dramatically. You're a long way from that yet though - and you might be pale and cool on the outside but inside you're an absolutely beautiful riot of colour - a perfect balance!

Sarah said...

I have loved all of your recent header photos. I would love to visit Norway some day. Norwegians I have met have been lovely. It is another world!

My Castle in Spain said...

Love all your headers, Linda ! and do you know..Norway for me would be an exotic place i so want to visit...
very cute baby picture !
and please don't vanish before long..
:-)

I'm your BIGGEST fan!

I'm your BIGGEST fan!

petal bowl

petal bowl

Splash Bowl

Splash Bowl

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin